Testrules.bat en

Hello

can sm explain to me how to run testrules.bat en on Windows. The online help says…

Testing rules

The LanguageTool user interface (LanguageToolGUI.jar) needs to be restarted if you have changed the grammar.xml file. Testing rules is faster with our embedded test case feature: just call sh testrules.sh en on Linux or testrules.bat en on Windows, using your language code instead of en. [end of extrait]

I have tried running testrules.bat en in Windows dos cmd window and tried clicking on the file testrules.bat but neither approach seems to work

Thanks

On Sa 03.11.2012, 12:31:48 you wrote:

I have tried running testrules.bat en in Windows dos cmd window

What exactly was the output or error message?

Regards
Daniel

http://www.danielnaber.de

Hello

I am not sure that I’m using cmd correctly but the error message is

Pathname

‘testrules bat is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file’

And I have just noticed that the pathname to it is wrong (but I didn’t type in a pathname)

It seems to be looking in C:\Users\My Name\

but I’m pretty sure the file in in C:\Users\My Name\Desktop

cos as it came zipped, I uninstalled it on my desktop

Sorry about all these questions but I am not a programmer (I’m a pretty good ‘end user’ of products)

Did you use cd to change the directory to C:\Users\My Name\Desktop\languagetool?

cd C:\Users\My Name\Desktop\languagetool

If the batch file is in, say, C:\Users\My Name\Desktop, you have to cd to the directory first. Just type
cd C:\Users\My Name\Desktop
then do
testrules en

EDIT: gulp21 beat me to it.

Hello

The path is now

C:\Users\My Name>\Desktop\Translation Tools\LanguageTool\testrules.bat en

but the error message "can’t find path specified’ is still there

The > after my name is strange no? It is pre inserted by windows cmd but there is no < at the beginning and I can’t take it out from cmd

Why can’t I just click on the bat ? That would be too easy eh?

(I assume that the file testrules.bat is in C:\Users\My Name\Desktop\Translation\LanguageTool)

Do this step by step:

• Open “C:\Users\My Name\Desktop\Translation Tools” in Windows Explorer
  • Right click on the folder “LanguageTool” while holding down the shift key
  • Click on “Open command window here”
    The command prompt window should appear and say “C:\Users\My Name\Desktop\Translation\LanguageTool>”
  • Type “testrules.bat en” (without quotes) and press enter

In case “‘testrules.bat’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.” appears, please post what appears when you enter the “dir” command.

Hello

Neat trick to get to the right file but

‘Java is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file’

Java is a pain in the arse. Only last week, I had problems installing a java program but I can garantee you that I have it up and running and have Java programs that are working on my computer.

So what next please?

Hello

I’m still stuck at this point

I have java installed and it normally runs programs ok but by clicking on the program

Why can’t I run the program as advised on the forum

Thanks

It might be that your PATH variable does not contain the (correct) path to the executable java file, thus windows cannot find java.exe. Follow the steps at http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml to make sure that PATH contains C:\Program Files\Java (or the like).