Translate a few strings with the Public HTTP Proofreading API

Hello guys, I need to translate these strings with the Public HTTP Proofreading API:

“This sentence does not start with an uppercase letter” & “Possible spelling mistake found”

In the examples, I’ve found this code to translate strings, but I don’t see options for the two sentences above:

languagetool_i18n_no_errors: {
// “No errors found.”:
“it”: “Non sono stati trovati errori.”,
etc

Anyone can help?

By “need to translate” you mean you’d like to contribute to LT, so that these strings are translated in LT?

Sure. Tell me how to do it and I’ll be happy to help!

We have several in-house writers that could help with the missing translations!

I can’t see the translation for “This sentence does not start with an uppercase letter” being missing, though. Where did you see that string?

Here you are! I use the Public HTTP Proofreading API

The sentence is in the “LT Core” translation project.
@Camilla What language do you want to translate it into?

Remember that if you are checking English text, the rule messages are only in English. If you are checking French texts, the rule messages will be only in French.

Hello Jaume!

I see - for example - I’m adding some spell checkers for languages not supported by LanguageTool. E.g: an English spell checker for Malaysian users. I’ve translated most of the strings in the following way, but I don’t find how to translate those two above with a custom message:

languagetool_i18n_no_errors: {
// “No errors found.”:
“it”: “Non sono stati trovati errori.”,
etc

Anything @jaumeortola ?

The sentence you want to translate is in English for the English checker, and it cannot be translated. The English grammar checker has thousands of rules, and it is not feasible to translate all of them into other languages.

As I said before, if you are checking English text, the rule messages will be only in English. If you are checking French texts, the rule messages will be only in French, and so on.

I understand that it could be useful to provide translations of the messages to learners of English who are not native speakers. But LanguageTool doesn’t provide this feature.