Various issues integrating Language Tool on my web site using tinyMCE

Hello.

I’m brand-new to Language Tool, and as such have newbie questions and challenges.

I have for the most part succeeded in using Language Tool on my web site with the tinyMCE plug-in. Yay!

I have a couple of issues that I hope someone can help me with.

(1) In Internet Explorer (8), the squiggly lines do not render properly; they are very faint. I do not have this problem in Firefox (16). I believe it has something to do with the behavior of the SPAN tag. I tried changing the squiggly lines to solid lines, but it made no difference. (Curiously, After the Deadline uses solid lines which render fine in IE – but ONLY if I link to their JS files rather than my local copies.)

(2) In Firefox, but not IE, I am getting the error this.getDoc() is undefined.

(3) In IE but not Firefox, I am getting a frustrating error I just can’t seem to identify: “Invalid character”. Developer Tools doesn’t help.

(4) Every so often, results are returned to my TEXTAREA that look something like the text below. I would say that it’s because the tag is missing. But what’s dropping it? This phenomenon is also happening to me when I demo Language Tool right on their home page.

I'm going to <span onkeypress="LOOSE_LOSE---#---Did you mean 'lose' (= miss, waste, suffer the <br/>loss etc.)?---#---lose" class="hiddenGrammarError">loose sleep over it.

If anyone could shed some light on any of these issues, that would be wonderful!

Thanks,

Christine

Am 25.06.2013 20:57, schrieb cbacinski [via LanguageTool User Forum]:

Hi Christine,

welcome to LanguageTool!

(2) In Firefox, but not IE, I am getting the error this.getDoc() is
undefined.

Do you know in which line that error occurs and under what condition?

(4) Every so often, results are returned to my TEXTAREA that look
something like the text below.

I think this might happen if one clicks the check button again and an
older check has not returned yet. Then if both results return, the
results get garbled. The solution might be to change the request to be a
synchronous one, or to introduce logic that ignored old results if a new
check has been requested. If you want to try that and let us know about
the results, that would be great.

I cannot comment much on the IE problems - I know there are problems,
but I cannot properly test on IE, so I need help with IE related issues.

Regards
Daniel

http://www.danielnaber.de

Hi, Daniel.

That was quick! Thanks.

I believe that in order to answer #2 I’ll need to use the “src” version of the JS file. With the trimmed version, everything is all on one line and also a bit hard to read. I’ll follow up if I make any headway.

Re #4: Thanks for your suggestions. I’ll play around a bit with the code.

Christine