Wrong Language detected

I have entire pages (mixed language: german text, english footnotes) that are completely misrecognized (complete text recognised as english), so I can’t use Language Tool at all. I will hardly be the only one. A reaction would be quite nice. My previous (very detailed) post on this has been removed here.

1 Like

It’s a known problem that LT doesn’t support more than one language per document. This is something that is on the to-do list.

2 Likes

Thank you for this information.

In the meantime it would be great workaround if it would be possible to decide, which language one document shall have.
I think, this could be a quick help and should not need much ressources to realize.
This would allow to apply LT in a bilingual document completely in at least two passes. This way you are at LT’s mercy and can only check that part of the document LT currently allows.

1 Like

The best way to check multi-language document is to use LT in LibreOffice - I use it a lot for multi-language documents and it works great.

2 Likes

Then the speech recognition itself does not seem to be the problem. With me in the browser I can correct in the result only 40% of the texts correctly. I’ve been waiting as a paying customer for a year and a half now for the solution, It would be nice if that would be now times soon.

1 Like

HTML has this feature:
<p>The title is "<span lang="fr">Le Bon Usage</span>".
The same type of regional language definition is possible in Word and LibreOffice.

Just like Bold and other feature, maybe a language choice can also be added in the editor:
afbeelding

1 Like

Inzwischen gibt es in den Einstellungen die Möglichkeit, die Prüfung auf die voreingestellten Sprachen zu begrenzen. Danke!!!
Wäre schön gewesen, wenn das hier kommuniziert worden wäre.

There is now an option in the settings to limit the check to the preset languages. Thank you!!!
It would have been nice if this had been communicated here.