Firefox extension: port to Thunderbird?

Okay..

Very excited to see LanguageTool working in Thunderbird! It works fine for me except one significant problem – I can no longer use the ^x “cut” shortcut to cut text. I use cut and paste all the time to reorganize email messages as I draft them, so this is a serious problem. I am trying to get used to just highlight and drag to move text around, but hopefully you can fix this bug. ^c and ^v for “copy” and “paste” both still work. It is just ^x that is gone. When I disable LT ^x works again, so it must be this plug in. I am using plug in version 4.1.1 and Thunderbird version 78.14.0 on Windows 10.

Thanks for the report. We had other people report the same issue, but couldn’t systematically reproduce it so far. Do you also use the QuickText add-on? Maybe the issue is a combination of both add-ons.

1 Like

I do not use the QuickText add-on. I had seen that mentioned in a German language thread on this board, after I posted here. I also heard there was a possibility that when Thunderbird 91 is released, this problem might clear up. See: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1678057 But I am not sure how to force an update to TB91.

According to this thread, TB 91 is also affected…

1 Like