Grammar checker doesn't work for russian language on english version of windows

On my laptop installed English version of windows 8.1.
I installed libreoffice 4.4.2.2, then I installed the add-on running languagetool 2.9. The grammar checker for Russian language does not work. Then I read the documentation and have disabled:

• Lightproof grammar checker (Russian)
  • Lightproof grammar checker (English)

However, the grammar checker only works for English. Spell check works for the Russian language and the English language. I made a screenshot of the Writer with the text and attached to this message. Please help in configuring.

Hi, thanks for your report. Have you made sure the error gets detected by LanguageTool, e.g. by pasting the same text into the check box at https://languagetool.org? If so, could you post a small example document?

Thank you for the prompt response.

Screenshot of LanguageTool.org:

Example file.

Well, it works for me with LibreOffice 4.4.0.3. Did you restart LibreOffice after installing LanguageTool? Does it help if you make a small change to the Russian sentence, to trigger a new check?

[quote=“dnaber”]
Did you restart LibreOffice after installing LanguageTool?[/quote]
Yes. Just in case, I even rebooted the laptop.

No. :frowning: I wrote a fairly large text, but the grammar checker for Russian language does not work.

Also I tried to update Java. Now LibreOffice uses the Java build 1.8.0_45-b14.

I used running languagetool on another computer with the Russian version of Win7. There everything worked fine.

If you want to do any tests, I am ready to do them on my laptop.

Скорей всего LanguageTool не включён в настройках для русского языка.

Сервис- Параметры- Настройки языка - Лингвистика - Доступные языковые модули - Правка -

(выбираем русский язык) и проверяем настройки модулей
LanguageTool должен быть включён,
а LightProof выключен.

После изменения настроек необходимо закрыть все окна LibreOffice (включая и быстрый запуск).

Действительно он был отключен. Спасибо большое, ваш совет мне помог!

Это действие было нетривиально для рядового пользователя. Почему бы при установке не активировать LT для всех языков?

P.S.: LT замечательный инструмент, поэтому пользуясь LibreOffice всегда после его установки, устанавливаю LT. Надеюсь, в обозримом будущем планируется внедрить LT в сборку LibreOffice.

dnaber, the problem was solved after Yakov’s advice. The problem was that for the Russian language by default LT was turned off and about this option I just didn’t know. I think it is because I have a laptop with installed English version of windows 8.1

LT is a wonderful and extremely useful tool. I hope in future versions it will be enabled for all languages by default. Also hope that LT will be added to the build of LO. :slight_smile:

Добрый день. А вы можете мне подсказать, где что включить? У меня тоде не исправляет русский язык. В каких настройках это можно найти? Спасибо.

Посмотрите этот совет для включения проверки грамматики (синее подчёркивание)

Для включения проверки орфографии (красное подчёркивание) должен быть установлен словарь. Например, этот Новый пакет словарей русского языка (орфографический, переносы, тезаурус) » Extensions