LibreOffice extension does not appear to function

After installing the extension and restarting LibreOffice I see 5 icons in the upper left corner, they are on top of another tool bar. Unlocking the toolbars and moving does not seem to fix this issue. Also when I click on any of the LT icons nothing happens. Not even “options”. The button reacts to the press but no options panel opens. (I presume I can “log in” to my LT premium account in the LibreOffice extension? Hope so, that’s the big reason I paid for premium).

Sounds like other people are using the plugin and it works for them. Pointers/help appreciated.

I have disabled all spellchecking/grammar in LibreOffice, except for LT, per the FAQ.

$ uname -a
Linux fedora 5.15.15-200.fc35.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Jan 16 17:37:06 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Extension version
LanguageTool 5.5.1

Java info, set in Tools/Options/Advanced
openjdk 11.0.13 2021-10-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.13+8)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.13+8, mixed mode, sharing)

LibeOffice info
Version: 7.2.5.2.0+
Build ID: 20(Build:2)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

The solution is posted at LibreOffice extension (fixed, update java to 17)

Unfortunately, the LibreOffice extension does not yet support the premium version of LanguageTool.

By the way, did you know that the LibreOffice extension is now available in version 5.6?

no, i missed that. i used the plugin from the releases page, i don’t think it was 5.6.
However, I think using the web interface on the site seems better.

I don’t mind helping to test. I downloaded and installed 5.6. I don’t see any problems. Here’s a screenshot.

A few comments:

“ok” shouldn’t be lower case probably. But it doesn’t complain.
It also doesn’t complain about tense shifting, maybe that’s not a feature but it’s a good one to add to the software.

(maybe) To test: “I eat an apple. Then I ran to the store.”

Tense shifting is common but usually isn’t a good idea.

Maybe the premium checks this, I haven’t used it enough to know yet.