Problems with Libreoffice -Languague tool can not be started

Hi

I installed LT extension in my Libreoffice but when I try to use I get the message :slight_smile:Linguistic Services failed. Languague tool can not be started
Someone could help me?

Thanks

I confirm that there might be a problem. See this thread:

As I reported there, LT 4.1 and 5.1.3 work fine, while 5.2.2 as well as the latest snapshots of 20200202 and 20200203 do not, even repeated words are not detected (tested on Dutch, English and Russian samples).

Also tested with Apache OpenOffice 4.2.0 (it is an old development build, just for clarity). The same situation: LT 5.1.3 works, 5.2.2 and the latest snapshots do not work.

I uninstalled LT 5,2 and I intalled version 4.1 over my LIbreOffice V7.0.4.2 (x64), but nothing happened, worse now I can not see the extention anymore

What if you try to install 5.1 over 4.1?

It seems that it is working, at least with the few tests I did.
Thanks.

Update: I have checked the snapshot of 20210207 with LO 6.3.6 and 7.1.0, and it works now. Hopefully, the problem is gone.

Hi, I have the same problem. My LO version is 7.2 and LT 5.5.1. It works fine, but suddenly it just stops. I try to uninstall LT 5.5.1 and install a most recent version (LT 5.6), but it does not work. The LT toolbar is showed but when you try to check grammar or spelling LO indicates “Can not set as grammar check service! Labguage Tool can not be started”. I have checked the language aids but y continues without service ¿any other idea?

Just to say that I believe that there is a solution. For languages different to English, it’s necessary to uncheck the “Lightproof grammar checker " to ensure that LT be the only grammar checker. For that:
1). Open the Options Window (ALT+F12)
2) Open the Language Aids options
3). Uncheck the Lightproof grammar checker (English)
4). Press Apply Button
5). Enjoy it.

Note: Restart LibreOffice may be necessary.

[Español] Para quienes tienen problemas para inciar el corrector gramatical de Language Tool en LibreOffice pueden intentar deshabilitar la opción del corrector gramatical Lightproof grammar Checker en el menú de opciones así:

1. Iniciar el cuadro de dialogo de Opciones (ALT+F12)
  2. Abrir las opciones de ConfiguraciĂłn de idiomas.
  3. Abrir las opciones de Ayudas de escritura
  4. Dehabilitar el corrector gramatical Lightproof grammar checker English.
  5. Aplicar cambios y Listo.
    Esto pertmite dejar a LT como Ăşnico corrector gramatical. Esta opciĂłn funciona para las versiones de LibreOffice superiores a 6.4 y versiones del Language Tools superior a 5.2.
    Puede ser necesario reiniciar Libreoffice para que los cambios tengan efecto.