Please add support for two languages at the same time!

Please add the possibility to choose a few languages because it is extremely annoying seeing the red spell check underline every time I use a few words in a different in a document which is mainly in one language.

I know there might be a workaround, I read that here and I think this should be pretty simple to add, am I wrong?

I also saw someone ask for it here but I thought I’d make a more general question since her question was very specific.

5 Likes

Hello all,

is there any news about this functionality?

I’d also like to see such a convenience. I often insert business words in languages other than the main language of the text. Unfortunately, without the multi-language option, LanguageTool is hard to use.

Would love to have this feature too. I’m using the free version now, but if this would be behind the paywall, I’d happily get a subscription for this

The simplest way to do that now is to use text processor, e.g. LibreOffice writer. Each part of text has its language set and LT would check that chunk with appropriate language module.

1 Like

Any updates?

I write in Portuguese and English, and it’s just annoying to have to add all the English words to the Portuguese dictionary to get the “errors” out of the screen